- Specification of interfaces and provision of a control and timing system to allow multiple detectors to be linked together.
- Develop a central data acquisition software and run control to enable multiple detectors to be combined in one experiment.
- Develop monitoring systems to automatically check the data quality.
- Develop a system to monitor the environmental conditions, such as temperature, of several detectors.
- Define an event for online data where data is combined from detectors with very different signals and properties.
For ongoing work, see the group's work page.
|Task 5.1 Scientific coordination||David Cussans (UNIBRIS)
Matthew Wing (UCL)
|Task 5.2 Interface, synchronisation and control of multiple-detector systems||David Cussans (UNIBRIS)|
|Task 5.3 Development of central DAQ software and run control||Matthew Wing (UCL)|
|Task 5.4 Development of data quality and slow control monitoring||Fabrizio Salvatore (USSUS)|
|Task 5.5 Event model for combined DAQ||Adrian Irles (DESY)|
|WP5 Technology Transfer Officer||Matthew Wing (UCL)|
|Del. no.||Deliverable name||WP no.||Planned delivery date||Actual delivery date||Status||Comments|
|D5.2||Trigger Logic Unit ready||5||M30|
|D5.3||Data acquisition software||5||M30|
|D5.4||Data acquisition hardware||5||M30|
|D5.5||Online event data model||5||M30|
|D5.6||Common DAQ system used in combined beam tests||5||M45|
|Mil. no.||Milestone name||WP no.||Planned delivery date||Actual delivery date||Status||Comments|
|MS25||Definition of detector interface standards with common DAQ||5||M15||15/08/2016||Achieved||Report|
|MS43||Trigger logic unit (TLU) design ready||5||M21||06/02/2017||Achieved||Report|
|MS46||EUDAQ interfaces to other DAQs available||5||M24||23/06/2017||Achieved||Report|
|MS47||Online event data model available||5||M24||09/06/2017||Achieved||Report|
|MS62||Development of run control ready||5||M27||31/07/2017||Achieved||Report|
|MS66||TLU hardware, firmware and software ready for tests beams||5||M30|
|MS67||Data quality monitoring tools ready||5||M30|
|MS68||Slow control system ready||5||M30|
|MS80||Common DAQ system ready for combined test beams||5||M36|
The list of WP5 publications can be found in CDS.